Professional SharePoint 2007 Development
John Holliday, John Alexander, Jeff Julian, Eli Robillard, Brendon Schwartz, Matt Ranlett, J. Dan Attis, Adam Buenz, Tom Rizzo
$47.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 744
20%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
Sharepoint 2007 Level:
| Add to Shopping Cart
* Beginning with an introduction to the technologies in Microsoft's application platform, this thorough guide then goes on to highlight the technologies in SharePoint 2007 that are new for developers
* The author team focuses on how SharePoint fits in and complements the underlying platform; this is discussed throughout the book so that readers can learn how to take existing investments in the MSFT platform and move those to SharePoint
* Places special emphasis on the key areas of SharePoint development: base platform, collaboration, portal and composite application frameworks, enterprise search, ECM, business process/workflow/electronic forms and finally business intelligence
* Demonstrates how to develop applications with RSS, blogs, and wikis; use and customize enterprise search, XML, XSLT in search, and the search Web service; build Portal solutions; and develop Collaboration using calendars, tasks, issues and email events
From the Back Cover
If you're a .NET or Microsoft Office developer, this book gives you the tools to utilize the entire SharePoint platform. It offers practical insights that will help you take advantage of this integrated suite of server capabilities along with specific examples of how to implement classes of solutions on top of the platform. You'll be able to apply this information in order to create a collaborative environment and build web-based applications.
You'll build your SharePoint foundation on the solid details provided on SharePoint technologies, architecture, and development tools. The core of the book takes you into the key areas of development on SharePoint: base platform, collaboration, enterprise search, enterprise content management (ECM), records management (RM), document management (DM), web content management (WCM), workflow, electronic forms, and business intelligence. With these skills, you will be able to set up a SharePoint environment that enhances productivity and delivers rich-looking sites.
What you will learn from this book
* All about the Microsoft® Application Platform, WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, and SharePoint's relationship to ASP.NET
What tools you'll need and how to build your development environment
Ways to enhance collaboration using calendars, tasks, issues, lists, and e-mail events
Techniques for developing applications with RSS, blogs, and wikis
Strategies for using enterprise search, XML, and XSLT
How to create solutions integrating custom workflows and e-forms
Who this book is for
This book is for ASP.NET, .NET, and Microsoft Office developers who want to learn SharePoint development. .NET code examples are given in C#.
Enhance Your Knowledge
Advance Your Career
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.