Mastering VMware Infrastructure 3 offers a strong design component followed by an in-depth look at the day-to-day tasks that make virtualization a key technology for any enterprise. Having access to a massive server infrastructure, the authors are able to provide real-world examples and best practices that apply to the integral parts of the virtual administrator's professional life. Topics include creating and managing virtual networks, creating and managing storage devices, migrating and importing virtual machines, managing and monitoring resource access, and protecting data.
Table of Contents:
1. Introducing VMware Infrastructure 3.
2. Installing and Planning ESX Server.
3. Creating and Managing Virtual Networks.
4. Creating and Managing Storage Devices.
5. Installing and Configuring VirtualCenter 2.0.
6. Creating and Managing Virtual Machines.
7. Migrating and Importing Virtual Machines.
8. Configuring and Managing Virtual Infrastructure Access Controls.
9. Managing and Monitoring Resource Access.
10. High Availability and Business Continuity.
11. Monitoring Virtual Infrastructure Performance.
12. Securing A Virtual Infrastructure.
13. Virtual infrastructure 3 best practices.