THIS IS THE OLD EDITION, FOR THE NEW EDITION, USE THE FOLLOWING ISBN: 9781305078628
Prescribed text for Lidcombe TAFE | Semester 2 | 2014: Level IV Cert 10316
***Please note, this edition does not include a DVD. For the ISBN that includes the DVD, search 9781435470231.***
Hands-On Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the perfect resource for learning Windows Server 2008 from the ground-up! Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, the book requires no previous server experience. It covers all of the critical Windows Server 2008 features, including the features unique to this new server operating system, from Windows Server 2008 features and versions to installing, configuring, and using Hyper-V virtual server capabilities. Like other books in the widely successful Hands-On series, a variety of hands-on projects are located throughout each chapter, which can be completed in server console, remote connection, Internet, and virtual server environments.
Complete coverage of Windows Server 2008 installation and administration
* Coverage of features new to Windows Server 2008 including Windows Server Core, Windows PowerShell, Hyper-V, Server Manager, new security features, new network services, new role services, new monitoring tools, and much more
* Screen captures and detailed illustrations offer visualization and clarification of important topics and processes
* Case projects allow readers to implement the skills and knowledge gained in the chapter through real-world setup and administration scenarios
* Extensive hands-on exercises with realistic scenarios to help students apply new concepts and sharpen problem-solving skills
1. Introduction to Windows Server 2008.
2. Installing Windows Server 2008 43.
3. Configuring the Windows Server 2008 Environment 87.
4. Introduction to Active Directory and Account Management 133.
5. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Resource Access 181.
6. Configuring Windows Server 2008 Printing 225.
7. Configuring and Managing Data Storage 265.
8. Managing Windows Server 2008 Network Services 303.
9. Configuring Remote Access Services 345.
10. Securing Windows Server 2008 393.
11. Server and Network Monitoring 445.
12. Managing System Reliability and Availability.
APPENDIX A - Windows Server 2008 Virtualization 527.
APPENDIX B - A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Server Virtualization Software 535.