This 3rd edition of Accounting: A Practical Approach continues to provide an easy to read, practical introduction to accounting concepts. The many worked examples and illustrations put the theory into context. Students can then apply their knowledge with a wide variety of self test questions.
Preview the text and workbook online >>
New To This Edition
* Supports delivery of competencies from the FNS10 Training Package
* Includes coverage of both periodic and perpetual inventory systems
* Now covers GST Paid and GST Collected in Supplier and Customer Statement Reconciliations, plus debtor management
* Enhanced coverage of depreciation and disposal of non current assets, including Gain or Loss on disposal
* Coverage of receipting and banking has been expanded to include credit cards.
Features and Benefits
* Worked Examples illustrate how to put the theory into practice
* Self Test questions test student understanding of the theory
About the Authors
Valerie Wilson has more than 25 years experience in Vocational Education and Training (VET), teaching in the areas of introductory, financial and corporate accounting, and has experience in internal audit organisations.
Suellen Freeman is a head teacher of accounting, banking and finance with many years of teaching experience in VET.
John Freeman has been teaching accounting and finance in the VET sector since 2002 after a long career as an accountant in government and commercial organisations.
Prepare financial reports
Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
Perform financial calculations
Administer financial accounts
Prepare, match and process receipts
Process payment documentation
Evaluate and authorise payment requests
Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
Monitor and control accounts receivable
Manage and recover bad and doubtful debts
Manage overdue customer accounts
Administer fixed asset register