Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process
|Customers who bought this, also bought:|
|Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition|
|Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1, 2nd Edition - (CCIE Professional Development) (Hardcover)|
|TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols Second Edition|
|Agile Project Management For Dummies|
|Practical Guide to Distributed Scrum, A|
|Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products that Customers Love|
|XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference, 4th Edition|
|Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study) 2nd Edition|
|Routing TCP/IP, Volume II (CCIE Professional Development)|
|Internetworking with TCP/IP, Vol 1, 5th Edition|
Kenneth S. Rubin
$50.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 504
20%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 4 - 5 business days.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
The must-have practitioner's guide and manager's reference to Scrum, today's #1 agile process: fast-track knowledge for every decision-maker
- An ideal quick-start guide for technically savvy professionals and managers with no Scrum/Agile experience: serves a vital need and fills a major market void.
- Exceptionally accessible: designed to be read cover-to-cover on one cross-country flight.
- Two color format, packed with illustrations and margin notes that draw instant attention to key issues, techniques, pitfalls, and solutions.
This easy-to-read, easy-to-use book brings together all the non-technical information managers and practitioners need to evaluate and get started with Scrum, today's #1 Agile process. Filling a major gap in the marketplace, it demystifies Scrum and Agile with simple, fast-paced explanations, more than 100 easy-to-follow illustrations, and quick paragraph summaries that deliver instant insights on key issues, techniques, pitfalls, and solutions. Kenny Rubin draws on more than a decade of experience implementing Scrum and training more than 3,000 Scrum practitioners at all levels. He delivers fasttrack familiarity with all aspects for Scrum for every technically savvy practitioner and manager who hasn't worked with agile methods before.
- Why so many organizations are adopting Scrum, and how it has evolved.
- Essential Scrum/Agile concepts and roles.
- How to start a Scrum project or product.
- How to manage product backlogs.
- Sprints, sprint meetings, and Scrum 'by the numbers'
- Scaling and distributing Scrum.
- Using Scrum on diverse types of development projects.
- Choosing the right Scrum tools
The book also includes a detailed glossary that can help every new Scrum participant 'get on the same page' with Scrum's terminology, as well as an up to-date bibliography for further exploration.