Now endorsed by AHRI
In its 7th edition, Human Resource Management: Strategy and Practice continues to provide a strong conceptual and practical framework for students of human resource management.
The successful integrative strategic HRM model is retained and the most recent developments in human resource management theories and practices are explored. A multitude of contemporary regional and international examples are integrated throughout, alongside an expanded coverage on ethics and a focus on critical analysis.
Thoroughly revised and updated with the latest research findings, this edition incorporates a wealth of new material including: the changing nature of the employment contract, such as the legal, social and psychological contract; virtual teams; use of social networking sites, demographic changes to the workforce; work-life balance; talent management and retention strategies; changes to OHS legislation; and the introduction of the Fair Work Act.
Accompanied by new online study tools which help to reinforce concepts, apply critical thinking and enhance skills, the 7th edition of Human Resource Management: Strategy and Practice offers the complete learning experience required to succeed in human resource management
Part 1: HRM in context 1
1. Evolution of human resource management
2. The context of human resource management
3. Industrial relations: Frameworks and practices
4. Human resource planning in a changing environment
Part 2: HRM strategies, systems and processes
5. Work design challenges in a global environment
6. Attraction and retention of talent
7. Effective employee selection
8. Developing human resources in organisations
9. Management of performance
10. Strategic reward management
11. Managing occupational health and safety
12. Conflict and negotiation processes
Part 3: The effectiveness of HRM towards the future
13. Evaluating human resource management: Towards the future