PRESCRIBED TEXT FOR MKTG20008 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, SEMESTER 2 2012
This fully revised 3rd edition of Strategic Marketing: Decision-Making and Planning sets a framework for marketing decision-making as a part of a holistic approach to an organisation's strategic management. It integrates expanded theoretical coverage with a step-by-step guide to each stage of the strategy development and management processes.
The latest theories on how marketing strategy is conceptualised and practiced is examined alongside a framework to facilitate the practical application of relevant concepts, tools and techniques. A series of 10 dynamic interactive modules exploring each stage of the strategic marketing process are included and new features such as Strategy in Practice boxes and end-of-chapter Strategy in Action activities further highlight the connection between theory and application.
Continuing to bridge the gap between theory learnt and the practice of writing a marketing plan or report, Strategic Marketing: Decision-Making and Planning 3e is an invaluable resource for students and practitioners alike.
1. The changing world of marketing
2. Strategic thinking and strategic decision-making
3. Strategic analysis
4. Strategy development - setting marketing objectives and developing marketing strategies
5. High-level marketing strategies: segmentation, brand positioning and the marketing mix
6. Product strategies
7. Pricing strategies
8. Distribution and channel management strategies
9. Integrated marketing communication strategies
10. Advertising strategies and tactics
11. Other integrated marketing communication tools
12. Strategic marketing management
13. Writing the strategic marketing planning report
# A practical and concise approach to strategic marketing theory and the marketing strategy development and planning process.
# Each stage of the strategic marketing development and planning process is tracked by the strategic marketing model which opens most chapters.
# A summary of strategic issues introduces every chapter to prepare students for the upcoming material
# Guidelines for writing abbreviated marketing plans as well as traditional comprehensive reports as well as new coverage on preparation of strategic marketing documents and reports
# A series of 10 dynamic interactive modules explore each stage of the strategic marketing process. Integrated templates and activities further encourage students to apply knowledge learnt