Contemporary Accounting, 8th Edition
Mike Bazley | Phil Hancock
$110.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 792
15%Off Retail Price
This is an old edition. There is a new edition of this book available. In many cases publishers substitute to newer editions automatically...
Only order if you require this exact edition.
N.Sydney : On Order (reserve your copy)
| Add to Shopping Cart
THERE IS A NEWER EDITION AVAILABLE. FOR THE 9th EDITION, PLEASE PERFORM A NEW SEARCH USING THE FOLLOWING ISBN13: 9780170261999
Providing a wealth of up-to-date local and international examples, Contemporary Accounting provides students with an engaging introduction to modern accounting principles, issues and practices. It covers the requirements of a one-semester course at the undergraduate and MBA levels for both accounting and non-accounting majors, providing a clear understanding of financial statements through clearly identified learning objectives and key concepts. While being easy to read and understand, students will also benefit from the comprehensive glossary.
Maintaining its student-friendly worksheet-based approach to the teaching of introductory accounting, this latest edition has been comprehensively revised and updated, addressing the most recent developments in financial reporting.
1. Introduction to Accounting
2. Types of organisations and the financial reporting framework
3. Ethics and corporate governance
4. Wealth and the measurement of profit
5. Presentation of financial position and the worksheet
6. Presentation of financial performance and the worksheet
7. Debtors, creditors, accruals and prepayments
8. Inventories and work in progress
9. Non-current assets and depreciation
10. Financing and business structures
11. Internal control of cash, statement of cash flows and other issues
12. Financial statement analysis
13. Worksheet to debits and credits
14. Internal users, internal information, and planning and control
15. Capital investment decisions
16. Cost information and decision making
17. Cost behaviour and cost-volume-profit analysis
18. Accounting for decisions making: with and without resource constraints'
20. Performance measurement and the balanced scorecard
App 1. Annual report
App 2. Present & future values tables