Classroom Management: Creating Positive Learning Environment, 4th Edition
Gordon Lyons | Margot Ford | June Slee
$82.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 272
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
Education Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
Classroom Management 4E empowers you to develop an individual classroom management plan that suits your professional philosophy and teaching style. It introduces the Lyford model, a framework that illustrates the many elements of successful classroom management. Using the Lyford model as a scaffold, the authors:
- compare and contrast the main theories and models that currently inform practice in Australian classrooms;
- explore key practices for creating positive learning environments that will engage students and reduce the chance of disruptions; and
- discuss a range of intervention strategies to consider when faced with challenging student behaviours.
As you work towards developing your own individual approach to classroom management, engaging stories from early-career teachers help you to apply the concepts to real-life situations. A new chapter on contemporary issues in classroom management keeps you up to date with a wide range of topics that impact upon today's learning environments.
1. Modelling classroom management
2. Classroom management theory
3. Relationships and communication
4. Curriculum, assessment and pedagogy
5. Classroom organisation
6. Professional reflexivity
8. Stories from the field
9. Your theory into practice
10. Contemporary issues