Strategic Marketing: Decision Making and Planning, 4th Edition
$101.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 0
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
MARKETING Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
This fully revised 4th edition of Strategic Marketing: Decision Making and Planning continues to set a framework for marketing decision making as a part of a holistic approach to an organisation's strategic management. It integrates expanded theoretical coverage with a step-by-step guide to each stage of the strategy development and management processes. Strategic Marketing: Decision Making and Planning is written for those involved in the processes of developing and implementing marketing strategies. The book emphasises the role of marketing as an organisation-wide process rather than as a stand-alone organisational function. Accordingly, Strategic Marketing: Decision Making and Planning focuses on providing a framework for marketing decision making as part of a broad-based or holistic approach to strategic management. The framework provides for decision-making processes that are made both within and outside of formal strategic-planning processes. The guiding principle of Strategic Marketing: Decision Making and Planning is to provide strategists with the ability to develop and implement effective marketing strategies by drawing on relevant concepts and analytical tools. It is a book that emphasises the practical application of marketing and other strategy-related theories, concepts, tools and techniques. It is designed to be used by practising managers and students alike, from the first-timer to the experienced strategist. It is particularly appropriate for business students studying marketing in subjects such as strategic marketing, strategic marketing planning and strategic marketing management. The emphasis on the application of relevant marketing concepts, tools and techniques provides the basis for organizing this book.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
1.The changing world of marketing
2.Strategic thinking & strategic decision-making
Section 2: Marketing analysis
Section 3: Strategy development High level decision
4.Strategy development - high level decision making
5.Segmentation, targeting and brand positioning strategies
6.Marketing mix strategies
Section 4: Strategy development - product-market strategies
7.New product development strategies
8.Penetration marketing strategies
9.Market development strategies
10.Diversification marketing strategies
Section 5: Implementation and control
11.Strategic marketing management
12.Preparing strategic marketing recommendations
New to Edition
- Chapters 3-12 open with a continuing concept diagram, 'The model of a strategic marketing plan', which highlights the stage of the planning to be covered in the chapter ahead.
- Opening quotes, to highlight the core concepts of each chapter
- Opening vignettes, to contextualise strategic marketing for students
- Ethics questions, to emphasise for students the importance of ethical practice from the planning stage of a strategy, looking at issues such as privacy, various cultures' attitudes to accepting gifts, whether market segmentation is a form of stereotyping and whether consultants put their needs first.
- Strategy in Practice boxes consist of case studies on companies such as Wesfarmers, Swatch, Ford, Burberry and Nestle.
- Glossary terms highlighted
- End of chapter material, including a summary and conclusion, an ongoing strategic marketing project and new discussion questions and ethical issues
- Search me! Marketing key terms