Contemporary Accounting: A Strategic Approach for Users, 9th Edition (with Student Resource Access 12 Months)
Phil Hancock | Peter Robinson | Mike Bazley
$130.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 656
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
Providing a wealth of up-to-date local and international examples, Contemporary Accounting provides students with an engaging introduction to modern accounting principles, issues and practices. It covers the requirements of a one-semester course at the undergraduate and MBA levels for both accounting and non-accounting majors, providing a clear understanding of financial statements through clearly identified learning objectives and key concepts. While being easy to read and understand, students will also benefit from the comprehensive glossary.
Maintaining its student-friendly worksheet-based approach to the teaching of introductory accounting, this new edition of the textbook has been significantly updated to better integrate financial and management accounting. Some of the Financial Accounting chapters have been re-written to give the non-accounting manager a better understanding of how accountants see their business while the Management Accounting chapters have been reworked significantly to promote the role and decision-making needs of the non-accounting manager.
This ninth edition introduces management accounting specialist Peter Robinson to work on the Management Accounting chapters. Peter has won multiple teaching awards and brings this practical approach to bear when bringing the role and decision-making needs of the non-accounting executive to the fore. Peter joins the new lead author, Phil Hancock, to ensure that the 'contemporary' is brought back to Contemporary Accounting.
Peta Stevenson-Clarke is also joining the author team as the author of the digital supplementary material. Peta will bring her considerable teaching expertise to the content of the PowerPoints and quizzes that will accompany the text.
1. Introduction to accounting
2. Types of organizations and the financial reporting framework
3. Ethics and corporate governance
4. Wealth and measurement of profit
5. Presentation of financial position and the worksheet
6. Presentation of financial performance and the worksheet
7. Presentation of cash flows
8. Accounting for selected assets
9. Liabilities and sources of financing
10. Financial statement analysis
11. Worksheet of debits and credits
12. An introduction to management accounting: a strategic perspective
13. Performance measurement and the balanced scorecard
14. Costs and costs behaviour
16. Cost-volume-profit analysis
17. Accounting for decision making: with and without resource constraints
18. Capital investment decisions