Electrotechnology Practice is a practical text that accompanies Hampson/Hanssen's theoretical Electrical Trade Principles. It covers essential units of competencies in the two key qualifications in the UEE Electrotechnology Training Package:
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
Aligned with the latest Australian and New Zealand standards, the text references the Wiring Rules (AS/NZS 3000:2018) and follows the uniform structure and system of delivery as recommended by the nationally accredited vocational education and training authorities.
More than 1,000 illustrations convey to the learner various concepts and real-world aspects of electrical practices, a range of fully worked examples and review questions support student learning, while assessment-style worksheets support the volume of assessment.
Electrotechnology Practice has strong coverage of the electives for Cert II and Cert III, preparing students to eligibly sit for the Capstone Assessment or the Licenced Electrician's Assessment (LEA). as a mandatory requirement to earn an Electrician's Licence.
Premium online teaching and learning tools are available on the MindTap platform.
Table of Contents:
1. Work health and safety
2. Document and apply measures to control WH&S risks associated with electrotechnology work
3. Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
4. Fixing and support devices and techniques
5. Drawings, diagrams and schedules
6. Develop and connect electrical control circuits
7. Wiring system types, applications and terminations
8. Installation of wiring systems
9. Electrical installation - cable selection and coordination
10. Electrical installations - arrangement, control and protection
11. Electrical apparatus and existing circuits - verification and testing
12. Introduction to regulations, compliance standards and codes
13. Electrical heating
16. Make up and assemble busbars (online chapter)
17. Verifying installation compliance (online chapter)
18. Electrical winding (online chapter)