Student digital licence: Free annual reactivation for life of edition
Oxford Big Ideas Geography Victorian Curriculum is fully revised and updated for the Victorian Curriculum: Geography. It supports an explicit focus on the acquisition of geographical skills and key concepts at each year level.
- Chapters structured around key questions from the Victorian Curriculum, supporting an inquiry-based approach to Geography.
- Supports and extends student understanding through graded Check your learning questions and activity blocks.
- Engaging source materials - stunning full-colour maps, photographs, data tables, satellite images, graphs and illustrations.
- Strong focus on skills acquisition supported by 'The geography toolkit' and Skill drill activities.
- Teacher obook assess provides teacher notes, suggested solutions, student worksheets and more. Teacher obook assess allows you to assign reading, set homework, share resources, create tests, monitor progress and tailor support for better results.
The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by 'page view'. assess is an indispensable online assessment tool, explicitly mapped to the Victorian Curriculum that drives student progress through tailored instruction. As well as containing the student text and study tools, this obook offers virtual case studies including interactive maps, videos and other interactives.
Concepts and skills
Chapter 1 The geography toolkit
Unit 1 Biomes and food security
Chapter 2 Growing food
Chapter 3 Food security
Unit 2 Geographies of interconnection
Chapter 4 An interconnected world
Chapter 5 The effects of global connections