!Social Work: Contexts and Practice, 3rd Edition
Marie Connolly | Louise Harms
$72.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 0
19%Off Retail Price
In Stock - Available for immediate dispatch!
N.Sydney : In Stock
OXFORD UNIVERSITY PR,14.05.13
Social Service Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
Social Work: Contexts and Practice is a comprehensive introduction to the field of social work. Now in its third edition, it continues to speak to both Australia and Aotearoa, addressing common trans-Tasman concerns while at the same time responding to the unique experiences of social work within each country. The book is divided into three broad sections: Part 1 explores the context of practice and the broad-ranging influences that shape the profession, particularly its vision and development; Part 2 then considers the diverse fields of practice in which social workers find employment; and Part 3 looks at the professional developments that both support and challenge social workers.
New to this edition
- New chapter on 'Spirituality in Social Work'
- Chapter on family violence now includes content on culture and gender: 'Family Violence, Gender and Culture'
- New chapter on 'Sexuality and Social Work'
- Chapter on 'working with refugees' now includes content on asylum seekers (chapter is now called 'Working with Refugees and Asylum Seekers')
- New chapter on 'Youth Health, Mental Health and Well-being'
- New chapter on 'Social Work in the Context of Climate Change and Disasters'
- The chapter on 'Field Education Context and Practice' now includes content on written process recordings, structured observation within live supervision and emotional intelligence.