Software Architecture in Practice, 3rd Edition
Len Bass | Paul Clements
$79.95 (includes GST)
Hardcover package 640
18%Off Retail Price
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Level:
| Add to Shopping Cart
The definitive practical introduction to software architecture, now improved with deeper lifecycle coverage and better teaching tools!
- The core book in Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) influential software architecture curriculum: the field's best-seller (14,000+ copies sold)
- Helps software practitioners and managers resolve crucial questions that enable the development of clear and effective architecture.
- accompanied by slides, exercises, and exercise answers, making it even easier to teach and learn from.
The core book in SEI's influential architecture curriculum, this book introduces software architecture both for practicing software engineers and for students pursuing careers in software design or management. It combines the authority of SEI's pioneering curriculum with the proven pedagogical effectiveness of a book that's been used for many years in countless training and college courses. The authors provide a comprehensive overview of the field of software architecture in a single, easy-to-digest package. They have improved this edition with a much deeper treatment of architecture throughout the software development life cycle, including detailed coverage of the various contexts within which architecture exists. It will now be accompanied by slides, exercises, and exercise answers - all designed to make it even easier to teach and learn from. Case studies have been moved to a companion website. To make space for these improvements, case studies have been moved to a companion website. This book will help readers understand:
- Why software architecture is critical to development projects and the organization as a whole.
- Which technical and organizational factors influence architecture, and are in turn influenced by it.
- How architecture drives quality attributes such as performance and reliability.
- How to master and choose among today's best architectural tactics