Thomson Reuters Corporations Legislation has an outstanding reputation for accuracy, dependability and reliability. This fully consolidated legislation book includes the Corporations Act 2001, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 and associated Acts and legislation, capturing the latest amendments up to 1 January 2015.
Designed for use by practitioners, business professionals and anyone with an interest in corporations law, the Corporations Act 2001 is supplemented with key section annotations updated by Sydney barrister Edmund Finnane. These section specific commentary notes provide additional guidance for the most important provisions. In addition, in the "Year in Review" feature, Professor Robert Baxt highlights significant corporations law developments since January 2014.
Cross-references are included to indicate where particular sections of the Corporations Act have been affected by the Corporations Regulations, and to note related ASIC materials.
Corporations Legislation 2015 offers an extensive array of features to assist practitioners and students working with the Corporations Act 2001 and related legislation. These include:
- Key section authored annotations providing additional guidance on selected provisions
- Annual review highlighting the major corporations developments in the preceding year
- Thomson Reuters authored subsection headings for all provisions of the Corporations Act 2001
and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001
- History notes including the date of effect of the amending provision
- Cross-references indicating where a particular regulation affects a section of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Cross-references to related materials: ASIC Class Orders, Regulatory Guides, Forms and Takeovers Panel Guidance Notes as well as to accounting and auditing standards and guidance statements made by the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) and the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AUASB)
- Editor's notes providing information about transitional, application and savings provisions and notification of amendments which have received assent but which commence on a future date
- Detailed subject index
- Navigation tools like shaded thumb tabs on page edges and detailed page headings