Take Your Career to the Next Level with This Practical Reference
Database expert Tom Carpenter gives you the information you need to not only prepare for the MCTS and MCITP certification exams for SQL Server 2008 Database Administration, but also to excel in your job. From planning to disaster recovery to security best practices, this reference explores the real-world tasks and scenarios you'll face as an SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator and shows you step by step how to handle them.
* Install and configure SQL Server 2008
* Implement, maintain, and repair the SQL Server database
* Utilize indexes and views to get a better understanding of your data
* Monitor and tune your database for optimal performance
* Keep your data safe from threats and vulnerabilities
* Achieve high availability by clustering your servers
* Prepare for MCTS and MCITP SQL Server 2008 Database Administration certification
FEATURED ON THE CD
See video walk-throughs for some of the more challenging tasks you'll face on the job.
Test your knowledge with practice exams that help you prepare for certification.
Take advantage of electronic flashcards to reinforce your understanding of key concepts.
Covers the exam objectives for the following Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration Exams:
* MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance (Exam 70-432)
* MCITP: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a SQL Server 2008 Database Server Infrastructure (Exam 70-450)