The best resource on the very latest for Ubuntu and Kubuntu users!
Ubuntu is a free, open-source, Linux-based operating system that can run on desktops, laptops, netbooks, and servers. If you've joined the millions of users around the world who prefer open-source OS-and Ubuntu in particular-this book is perfect for you. It walks you through the very latest on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04, also discussing applications from the KDE version Kubuntu, with pages of step-by-step instruction, helpful tips, and expert techniques.
* Walks you through Ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 10.04, the latest versions of one of the most highly regarded open-source operating systems in the world
* Explores new changes and features, including synchronization of packages from other distributions, the latest Linux kernel enhancements, and the latest release of GNOME
* Discusses applications from the KDE version of Ubuntu, called Kubuntu, making this book a top resource for both Ubuntu and Kubuntu users
* Offers step-by-step instruction, valuable tips, and sound guidance for home, business, and academic users
* Comes with a CD with a ready-to-run version of Ubuntu 9.10
Updating your Ubuntu? Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and 10.04 Bible, Third Edition is the book you need to succeed!