Human Motivation, 6th Edition (includes InfoTrac® 1-Semester Printed Access Card
Robert E. Franken
$147.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 480
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
PRESCRIBED TEXT AT BOND UNIVERSITY - SUMMER SCHOOL 2011/12
This Sixth Edition provides a thorough introduction to the basic facts and major theories of human motivation. Throughout the book, the author addresses the types of questions that often arise, such as 'Why are some people more organized than others?' and 'Why do people dream?' In his exploration of day-to-day human motivation, Franken provides a topical organization that shows students how biology, learning, and cognition interact with individual differences to produce human behavior.
1. Themes in the Study of Motivation.
2. Components of Motivation.
3. Hunger and Eating.
4. Passion, Love, and Sexual Behavior.
5. Arousal, Attention, and Peak Performance.
6. Wakefulness, Alertness, Sleep, and Dreams.
7. Drug Use and Drug Addiction.
8. Aggression, Coercive Action, and Anger.
9. Emotions, Stress, and Health.
10. Goal-Incongruent (Negative) Emotions.
11. Goal-Congruent (Positive) Emotions.
12. From Curiosity to Creativity.
13. The Need for Control and Competence.
14. The Self-Concept and Self-Esteem.