PRESCRIBED TEXT FOR
Institution: Sydney Institute Of Business Technology (SIBT) - 2014 3rd Trimester
Course Code: HRM250
Subject: Human Resource Management
HRMT3344 AT UWA, SEMESTER 1 2013
Take a close look at the technical challenges, most recent research and today's most popular selection tools with Gatewood/Feild/Barrick's HUMAN RESOURCE SELECTION, 7E. This book's engaging, focused presentation offers advanced, yet understandable, coverage of the development and implementation of effective selection programs within today's organizations. Whether you're currently studying HR or already working in selection, you'll gain critical insights from some of today's latest research and court findings. Memorable, current examples further demonstrate how key selection concepts within this book translate into success in the actual business environment.
This streamlined, yet complete, edition focuses on today's most important legal, global and ethical concerns; psychometric measurement concepts; job analysis; predictors of job performance; and criteria measures. A new chapter on HR recruitment and new coverage of staffing versus selection, external versus internal job candidates, and self-presentation beyond the structured interview better prepare you to successfully manage the challenges in HR selection today.
PART I: AN OVERVIEW OF HUMAN RESOURCE SELECTION.
1. Introduction to Selection.
2. Legal Issues in Selection.
PART II: FOUNDATIONS OF MEASUREMENT FOR HUMAN RESOURCE SELECTION.
3. Human Resource Measurement in Selectoin.
4. Reliability of Selection Measures.
5. Validity of Selection Procedures.
6. Strategies for Selection Decision Making.
PART III: JOB ANALYSIS IN HUMAN RESOURCE SELECTION.
7. Job Analysis in HR Selection.
Part IV: Human Resource Recruitment.
8. Recruitment of Applicants.
PART V: PREDICTORS OF JOB PERFORMANCE.
9. Application Forms and Biodata Assessments, Training and Experience Evaluations, and Reference Checks.
10. The Selection Interview.
11. Ability Testing for Selection.
12. Personality Assessment for Selection.
13. Performance Tests and Assessment Centers for Selection.
14. Integrity Testing, Drug Testing, and Graphology.
PART VI: CRITERIA MEASURES.
15. Measures of Job Performance.