Cambridge Making and Breaking the Law comprehensively covers the 2018 VCE Study Design while incorporating practical features and an authoritative understanding of legal studies in Victoria that makes it an effective and accessible resource.
- Comprehensively addresses the principles and directions of the 2018 VCE Study Design and provides extensive coverage of the substantial changes to the study.
- Incorporates recent legislative changes and the latest data and statistics to ensure students have access to the most up-to-date information available.
- Provides valuable insight into real-life applications of the law through news reports and case studies on contemporary issues.
- Progressively builds the knowledge and skills required for success and supports exam preparation with end-of-chapter summaries, revision questions and practice exam questions.
- Brings Legal Studies to life through rich media, pop-up glossary definitions, interactive activities and more in the Interactive Textbook.
The text delivered in print format.
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook, or available for purchase separately as a digital-only option.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
UNIT 1 GUILT AND LIABILITY
1 Legal foundations
2 The presumption of innocence
3 A criminal offence: Theft, robbery and burglary
4 A criminal offence: Murder and other forms of homicide
5 Civil liability
6 An area of civil law: Tort of negligence
7 An area of civil law: Defamation
UNIT 2 SANCTIONS, REMEDIES AND RIGHTS
9 A criminal case: Case study 1
10 A criminal case: Case study 2
12 A civil case: Case study 1
13 A civil case: Case study 2
15 The protection of rights in Australia