Linux Operations and Administration, 1st Edition
Alfred Basta | Dustin A. Finamore | Nadine Basta | Serge Palladino
$124.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 848
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
LINUX OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION introduces readers to Linux operations and system administration through a unified installation, using virtual machines. This text is more effective than those that take a professional approach because it eliminates confusion from working with differing hardware configurations, while allowing users to test interoperability between Linux and Windows. Detailed, yet reader-friendly, Linux Operations and Administration makes it easy to learn Linux and practice it with helpful in-text features like learning objectives and key terms, as well as items for self assessment such as review questions, hands-on activities, and case projects.
1. Introduction to the Linux Operating System.
2. Installing OpenSUSE.
3. Managing Files and Directories.
4. Creating and Editing Files with Text Editors.
5. Creating Shell Scripts and Displaying File Contents.
6. Managing Data: Backup and Recovery Processes.
7. Managing Users and Groups.
8. Network Services.
9. Installing Software Packages.
10. Apache Web Server.
11. The Domain Name System.
12. Configuring a Mail Server.
13. Working with the Network File System.
14. Installing Linux.
15. Linux FileSystem Management and Administration.
16. Managing Resources in Linux.
17. Networking in a Linux Environment.
18. Interoperating Linux and Windows.
19. Securing Linux.
20. Linux Kernel.
21. System Monitoring and Performance Tuning.
22. Problem Solving and Troubleshooting in a Linux Network.