Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures, 5th Edition
Raymond G. Miltenberger
$115.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 672
20%Off Retail Price
This is an old edition. There is a new edition of this book available. In many cases publishers substitute to newer editions automatically...
Only order if you require this exact edition.
PSYCHOLOGY Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
THIS IS AN OLD EDITION. FOR THE 6th EDITION, PLEASE PERFORM A NEW SEARCH USING THE FOLLOWING ISBN13: 9781305109391
This text uses the principles of behavior modification to teach the procedures of behavior modification, illustrating them with key case studies and examples. Its precise, step-by-step approach includes practical information on the technologies used to measure and record behavior changes. The book also provides numerous opportunities for students to practice, including practice tests, application and misapplication exercises, and three quizzes at the end of every chapter.
Part I: MEASUREMENT OF BEHAVIOR AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE.
1. Introduction to Behavior Modification.
2. Observing and Recording Behavior.
3. Graphing Behavior and Measuring Change.
Part II: BASIC PRINCIPLES.
7. Stimulus Control: Discrimination and Generalization.
8. Respondent Conditioning.
Part III: PROCEDURES TO ESTABLISH NEW BEHAVIOR.
10. Prompting and Transfer of Stimulus Control.
12. Behavioral Skills Training Procedures.
Part IV: PROCEDURES TO INCREASE DESIRABLE BEHAVIOR AND DECREASE UNDESIRABLE BEHAVIOR.
13. Understanding Problem Behaviors through Functional Assessment.
14. Applying Extinction.
15. Differential Reinforcement.
16. Antecedent Control Procedures.
17. Using Punishment: Time-Out and Response Cost.
18. Positive Punishment Procedures and the Ethics of Punishment.
19. Promoting Generalization.
Part V: OTHER BEHAVIOR CHANGE PROCEDURES.
21. Habit Reversal Procedures.
22. The Token Economy.
23. Behavioral Contracts.
24. Fear and Anxiety Reduction Procedures.
25. Cognitive Behavior Modification.