Fundamental Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, 8th Edition
David C. Howell / University of Vermont
$132.95 (includes GST)
Hardcover package 672
7%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
PSYCHOLOGY Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
FUNDAMENTAL STATISTICS FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES focuses on providing the context of statistics in behavioral research, while emphasizing the importance of looking at data before jumping into a test. This practical approach provides students with an understanding of the logic behind the statistics, so they understand why and how certain methods are used--rather than simply carry out techniques by rote. Students move beyond number crunching to discover the meaning of statistical results and appreciate how the statistical test to be employed relates to the research questions posed by an experiment. An abundance of real data and research studies provide a real-life perspective and help students understand concepts as they learn about the analysis of data.
2. Basic Concepts.
3. Displaying Data.
4. Measures of Central Tendency.
5. Measures of Variability.
6. The Normal Distribution.
7. Basic Concepts of Probability.
8. Sampling Distributions and Hypothesis Testing.
11. Multiple Regression.
12. Hypothesis Tests Applied to Means: One Sample.
13. Hypothesis Tests Applied to Means: Two Related Samples.
14. Hypothesis Tests Applied to Means: Two Independent Samples.
16. One-Way Analysis of Variance.
17. Factorial Analysis of Variance.
18. Repeated-Measures Analysis of Variance.
20. Nonparametric and Distribution-Free Statistical Tests.
Appendix A: Arithmetic Review.
Appendix B: Symbols and Notation.
Appendix C: Basic Statistical Formulae.
Appendix D: Data Set.
Appendix E: Statistical Tables.
Answers to Exercises.