Gardner's Art through the Ages : The Western Perspective, Volume II, 15th Edition
Fred S. Kleiner
$101.95 (includes GST)
17%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
ART, ARCHITECTURE + PHOTOGRAPHY Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
The most widely read and respected history of art and architecture in the English language for over 85 years, GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES: THE WESTERN PERSPECTIVE, VOLUME II presents an engaging approach that discusses the most significant artworks and monuments in their full historical and cultural contexts.
In addition, a highly comprehensive and integrated array of digital resources brings course content to life, providing students with the tools they need to excel in your class. MindTap for GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES provides an interactive digital experience for exploration, study, and development of critical thinking skills. It includes an image-first, interactive eBook with zoom-able images, more than 100 videos, audio resources, image flashcards, a Guide to Studying, critical thinking questions, and much more.
Table of Contents
14. Late Medieval Italy.
15. Late Medieval and Early Renaissance Northern Europe.
16. The Renaissance in Quattrocento Italy.
17. Renaissance and Mannerism in Cinquecento Italy.
18. High Renaissance and Mannerism in Northern Europe and Spain.
19. The Baroque in Italy and Spain.
20. The Baroque in Northern Europe.
21. Rococo to Neoclassicism: The 18th Century in Europe and America.
22. Romanticism, Realism, Photography: Europe and America, 1800 to 1870.
23. Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Symbolism: Europe and America, 1870 to 1900.
24. Modernism in Europe and America, 1900 to 1945.
25. Modernism and Postmodernism in Europe and America, 1945 to 1980.
26. Contemporary Art Worldwide.
About the Authors
Fred S. Kleiner
Fred S. Kleiner (Ph.D., Columbia University) is the author or co-author of the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th editions of GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES: A GLOBAL HISTORY, as well as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd editions of GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES: A CONCISE HISTORY, and more than 100 publications on Greek and Roman art and architecture, including A HISTORY OF ROMAN ART, also published by Cengage. He has taught the art history survey course for more than three decades, first at the University of Virginia and, since 1978, at Boston University, where he is currently professor of art history and archaeology. From 1985 to 1998, he was editor-in-chief of the American Journal of Archaeology. Long acclaimed for his inspiring lectures and dedication to students, Professor Kleiner won Boston University's Metcalf Award for Excellence in Teaching, as well as the College Prize for Undergraduate Advising in the Humanities in 2002, and he is a two-time winner of the Distinguished Teaching Prize in the College of Arts and Sciences Honors Program. In 2007, he was elected fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London, and, in 2009, in recognition of lifetime achievement in publication and teaching, fellow of the Text and Academic Authors Association.