The ideal balance between theory and practice, written explicitly for the NEW VCE Media Study Design.
With engaging content to demonstrate and explore both media theory and practical production skills, this contemporary look at VCE Media supports a range of different learning styles and strengths while providing the depth of content needed for VCE success.
- Written specifically for the forthcoming 2018 VCE Media Study Design, this new student resource covers each unit in depth, clearly outlines the requirements of each Area of Study at the start of each chapter, and reflects the structure, terminology and objectives of the study design.
- The student-focused language and highly visual design makes theoretical content accessible for all learners.
- Engaging and contemporary case studies across a range of media forms encourage students to explore media theory in practice.
- Superior exam support includes VCAA-style exam questions, the considered and consistent use of exam terminology throughout, a host of practical activities that support the School Assessed Task (SAT), practical study tips, and strategies for approaching assessment tasks.
- The Interactive Textbook brings the study of media to life and includes a 'Media Production Hub' with examples of former student work and video interviews with their creators covering each stage of production. The 'Media Production Hub' is a one-stop-shop to model the requirements of the SAT for students.
The text delivered in print format.
Interactive Textbook 2 year
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook, or available for purchase separately as a digital-only option.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
Part 1 Unit 1: Media forms, representations and Australian stories
Chapter 1 Area of Study 1: Media representations
Chapter 2 Area of Study 2: Media forms in production
Chapter 3 Area of Study 3: Australian stories
Part 2 Unit 2: Narrative across media forms
Chapter 4 Area of Study 1: Narrative, style and genre
Chapter 5 Area of Study 2: Narratives in production
Chapter 6 Area of Study 3: Media and change
Part 3 Unit 3: Media narratives and pre-production
Chapter 7 Area of Study 1: Narrative and ideology
Chapter 8 Area of Study 2: Media production development
Chapter 9 Area of Study 3: Media production design
Part 4 Unit 4: Media production and issues in the media
Chapter 10 Area of Study 1: Media production
Chapter 11 Area of Study 2: Agency and control in and of the media