Beginning NetBeans IDE for Groovy, Grails and Griffon is the book that contains everything on NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE), specifically building/creating your Groovy, Grails, and Griffon Web and desktop applications quickly and efficiently.
SpringSource acquired the company behind Groovy and Grails and is now taking the lead in growing and integrating the dynamic (Java-based/like) Groovy web scripting language and Groovy-based Grails web framework into the most popular and adopted meta framework in Java, the Spring Framework. With these efforts in place, Groovy and Grails are becoming the de-facto Java-based Web scripting language and framework. In addition, the new Griffon framework is available, allowing Java/Groovy developers to build powerful but lightweight "Swing-like" rich client and UI desktop applications.
Now, Groovy, Grails, and Griffon have a tools champion. It's the Open Source NetBeans IDE. NetBeans expert developer and community lead Geertjan Wielenga shows you how to take full advantage of NetBeans in your Groovy, Grails and Griffon applications developmental endeavors.
What you'll learn
* Set up NetBeans IDE for use with Groovy, Grails, and Griffon.
* Edit Groovy files, optimizing all the Groovy editor features in NetBeans IDE.
* Create new applications in NetBeans IDE for Grails and Griffon frameworks.
* Deploy applications from NetBeans IDE.
* Test and debug applications from NetBeans IDE
* Complete quick reference section for Groovy users
Who this books is for
This book is for Groovy developers, Grails developers, Griffon developers, as well as Java developers migrating to Groovy.