This is an OLD EDITION. To order the new edition, please perform a new search using the following ISBN: 9781133135128
Written by best-selling PC repair author and educator Jean Andrews, the fifth edition of A+ Guide to Hardware: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting maps fully to CompTIA's 2009 A+ Exam objectives. This full-color guide is the most complete, step-by-step book available for learning the fundamentals of supporting and troubleshooting computer hardware. At the same time, it prepares readers to successfully pass the A+ 220-701 and 220-702 exams. The new edition is formatted to support any teaching style and course format, featuring an essentials-to-practical reorganization within each chapter and inclusion of new tabs distinguishing exam content. Further content and live demonstrations with Jean Andrews are available on the accompanying CD, making this new edition a total solution for hardware maintenance and repair.
1. Introducing Hardware.
2. Form Factors and Power Supplies.
3. All about Motherboards.
4. Supporting Processors.
5. Upgrading Memory.
6. Supporting Hard Drives.
7. Installing and Supporting I/O devices.
8. Multimedia Devices and Mass Storage.
9. PC Maintenance and Troubleshooting Strategies.
10. Networking Essentials.
11. Supporting Notebooks.
12. Supporting Printers.
A.CompTIA A+ Acronyms.
B. Keystroke Shortcuts in Windows.
CD Resource Contents:
CertBlaster Exam Preparation Software.
PC Repair FAQs.
CompTIA A+ 2009 Mapping Grids.
ASCII Character and Set and Ansi.sys.
Behind the Scenes with DEBUG.
Calculating Drive Capacity on Older Drives.
Electricity and Multimeters.
How an OS Uses System Resources.
Installations Using Legacy BIOS.
Introducing the Mac OS.
Supporting SCSI and Legacy Devices.
Supporting Windows 9X/ME.
The Hexadecimal Number System and Memory Addressing.
Windows 9x Me Commands and Startup Disk.
* Maps fully to the hardware portions of CompTIA's 2009 A+ Exams.
* Within each chapter, content is presented in an essentials to advanced order, providing greater ease-of-use with the new A+ exam structure while maintaining the academic focus.
* A+ Exam tabs on each page make it easy to distinguish between content covering A+ 220-701 Essentials and A+ 220-702 Practical Application exams.
* New chapter on PC Maintenance and Troubleshooting Strategies.