Business Law 2014
Andy Gibson, Douglas Fraser
$129.15 (includes GST)
Paperback package 0
15%Off Retail Price
This is an old edition. There is a new edition of this book available. In many cases publishers substitute to newer editions automatically...
Only order if you require this exact edition.
PEARSON EDUCATION AU,15.11.13
LAW - Business & Corporate Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
THIS IS AN OLD EDITION. FOR THE 9th EDITION (2015), PLEASE PERFORM A NEW SEARCH USING THE FOLLOWING ISBN13: 9781486019274
This is a standalone textbook. To order the value pack with MyLawLab, please perform a new search using the following ISBN: 9781486042432
Business Law 2014 - Your essential up-to-date business law resource
The pace and scope of legislative reform of the law affecting business is increasing. There is a major shift to uniformity across the nation with a corresponding increase in new legislation and significant amendments to existing legislation.
Business Law 2014 is a sophisticated and comprehensive text which provides a clear and current appreciation of the main rules and legal principles encountered in a course for non-lawyers. It considers the legal environment in which businesses must operate in all states and territories.
More than 20 new case references are included in the 2014 edition's text and online chapters as well as two new 2012 Commonwealth statutes: Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
With a student-friendly, 4-colour format and a teaching and learning resource package second to none, Business Law 2014 also offers instructors a great opportunity to tailor textbook content to suit the breadth and depth of the areas you wish to teach.
BREAK THROUGH to engaging learning experiences with MyLawLab, a complete, interactive, integrated learning experience which helps you focus on what you really need to cover. MyLawLab combines engaging resources, homework, learning activities, extra chapters and updates to legislation, with an optional eBook. Available separately, or in a Value Pack containing MyLawLab with eBook plus a hard copy of Business Law 2014, see ISBN: 9781486042432.
1. Legal foundations
2. Origins of Australian law
3. Legal systems
4. How law is made-precedent/statute law
5. Criminal law in a business context
6. Ethics and business practice
7. Introduction to the law of tort
8. The tort of negligence
9. Applications of negligence to business
10. Other business-related torts
12. Introduction to contracts
13. Agreement between the parties
14. Intention to create legal relations
16. Capacity of the parties
17. Genuine consent
18. Legality of object and form
19. Construction of the contract
20. Rights of the parties and discharge
21. Remedies in contract
22. Sale of goods
23. Consumer guarantees implied into contracts-consumer protection
24. Consumer protection-Australian Consumer Law
25. Electronic commerce
27. Companies and incorporated associations
29. Choosing a business entity