THis pack consists of the following items:
- 'Business Law 2014'
ISBN 9781486009817 / ISBN 10 1486009816
- 'Business Law 2014 MyLawLab Access Code Card'
ISBN 9781486010301 / ISBN 10 148601030X
Format Access Code Card
This item cannot be bought individually
Business Law 2014 - Your essential up-to-date business law resource
The pace and scope of legislative reform of the law affecting business is increasing. There is a major shift to uniformity across the nation with a corresponding increase in new legislation and significant amendments to existing legislation.
Business Law 2014 is a sophisticated and comprehensive text which provides a clear and current appreciation of the main rules and legal principles encountered in a course for non-lawyers. It considers the legal environment in which businesses must operate in all states and territories.
More than 20 new case references are included in the 2014 edition's text and online chapters as well as two new 2012 Commonwealth statutes: Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
With a student-friendly, 4-colour format and a teaching and learning resource package second to none, Business Law 2014 also offers instructors a great opportunity to tailor textbook content to suit the breadth and depth of the areas you wish to teach.
BREAK THROUGH to engaging learning experiences with MyLawLab, a complete, interactive, integrated learning experience which helps you focus on what you really need to cover. MyLawLab combines engaging resources, homework, learning activities, extra chapters and updates to legislation, with an optional eBook. Available separately, or in a Value Pack containing MyLawLab with eBook plus a hard copy of Business Law 2014, see ISBN: 9781486042432.
1. Legal foundations
2. Origins of Australian law
3. Legal systems
4. How law is made-precedent/statute law
5. Criminal law in a business context
6. Ethics and business practice
7. Introduction to the law of tort
8. The tort of negligence
9. Applications of negligence to business
10. Other business-related torts
12. Introduction to contracts
13. Agreement between the parties
14. Intention to create legal relations
16. Capacity of the parties
17. Genuine consent
18. Legality of object and form
19. Construction of the contract
20. Rights of the parties and discharge
21. Remedies in contract
22. Sale of goods
23. Consumer guarantees implied into contracts-consumer protection
24. Consumer protection-Australian Consumer Law
25. Electronic commerce
27. Companies and incorporated associations
29. Choosing a business entity
ONLINE CHAPTERS (Inside MyLawLab)
30. Restrictive trade practices
31. Negotiable instruments
32. Insolvency and debt recovery
33. Property and mortgages
34. Intellectual property
35. The work environment and the employment relationship
36. Consumer credit and privacy
37. Ethics and regulations in marketing
Lecturers: Does this table of contents fit your course?
This text has been written to facilitate ease of customisation. Talk to your Pearson Education Consultant today about building a custom solution that will specifically address the needs of your unit.